Airport reunions are some of the most special kinds of reunions we know. As such, they should be celebrated in a way that is meaningful, memorable, and simply marvelous. When picking up a long-distance relative, significant other, or close friend after a day of traveling, waiting for them with a bundle of beautiful blooms is a wonderful way to welcome them into town. Whether you know what their favorite flower is or not, your friends here at Bosland’s Flower Shop, the top florist in Wayne, are sharing our favorites that also carry the perfect symbolism for a warm greeting.
Greeting Travelers with Meaningful Flowers
Fresh Flowers for Friends
Honoring your friendship with flowers is one of the most meaningful and thoughtful gestures. As you give your friend a lift from the airport, greet them with cheer, joy, and happiness and watch their face light up in excitement. While some flowers symbolize romance or love, choose some of these fresh favorites to best represent your friendship.
- Alstroemeria – Friendship and Optimism
- Chrysanthemums – “You’re a wonderful friend”
- Geraniums – True Friendship
- Iris – “Your friendship means so much to me”
- Yellow Roses – Friendship and Joy
- Yellow Tulips – Friendship and Cheerfulness
- Zinnias – “Never forget absent friends”
Romantic Blooms for Significant Others
As you finally embrace your significant other after they deboard the airplane, feelings of overwhelming joy and excitement ignite, and a wave of relief comes over you. If you cannot find the words or find yourself speechless, rely on these romantic blooms to help you say, “I love you” and “I’ve missed you.”
- Dahlia – Excitement and Lasting Bond
- Forget-Me-Not – “True love memories”
- Roses – Romance, Passion, and Love
- Honeysuckle – “The bond of love”
- Lavender – Enchantment and Love at First Sight
- Pink Camellia – Longing and often given to those we miss
- Red Chrysanthemums – “I love you”
- Stocks – Bonds of Affection and Happy Life
Meaningful Petals for Family
The relationship we have with family members is one that is so special it can be hard to describe. From unconditional love to building an unbeatable friendship, reuniting with family no doubt warms our hearts and makes us grateful for your presence. When picking up a family member from the airport, why not greet them with these meaningful flowers.
- Hydrangea – Sincerely Heartfelt and Gratitude
- Orange Tulips – Warmth
- Peach Roses – Missing Someone
- Pink Carnations – Gratitude and a Mother’s Undying Love
Cheerful Flowers for Any Traveler/Visitor
Cheering someone up after a plane ride doesn’t need to express your romantic love, deep friendship, or warm fuzzy feelings. Any traveler would be delighted to be greeted with a bouquet of wrapped flowers that mean happiness, joy, welcome, appreciation, or gratitude. Look at these popular blooms to find the perfect message for your visitors.
- Baby’s Breath – Happiness
- Calla Lilies – Rejuvenation, Classy Style, and Luxurious Appeal
- Gerbera Daisies – Cheerfulness and Loyal Love
- Pink Roses – Appreciation, Joy, and Gratitude
- Safflowers – Welcome
- Sunflowers – Happiness
- Sweet Pea – “Thank you,” Bliss, Pleasure, and a great way to bid someone “farewell” after a wonderful visit
- Wisteria – Welcome
- Yellow Lily – Gratitude
Related Meanings of Colors
The symbolism of a flower does not stop at its type but can also be determined by its beautiful hue. If you know your visitor’s favorite flower and want to surprise them at the airport with a breathtaking bouquet full, why not make it even more special by finding the best color to convey a special message?
- Light Pink – Admiration
- Peach – Gratitude
- Pink – Gratitude and Appreciation
- Red – Passion, Love, and Romance
- Yellow – Joy and Friendship
It is nothing new to welcome travelers and guests with beautiful blooms as they arrive in town. In fact, those who would sail to the Hawaiian Islands in the 1800s were always greeted with the “authentic Hawaiian hello,” also commonly called the Hawaiian lei. This traditional greeting more than a warm welcome, but a symbol of hospitality, love, respect, and “aloha.” Strung with orchids, plumeria, pikake, maile leaves, kukui nuts, and rare shells, it became ledged that leis were a way to bring good luck. Today, vacationers and visitors to the Hawaiian Islands are still met at the airport or at their hotel with traditional leis.
As you browse Bosland’s Flowers’ online collection of floral bouquets that are sure to make the perfect airport greeting, keep in mind the special meaning behind this gesture. From converting friendship and love to gratitude and appreciation, you cannot go wrong with fresh flowers.