Family and friends gather each November to give thanks for the many blessings in their lives. Food is often the center of the festivities. When you have been invited to someone’s home for a holiday meal, it is customary to provide a gift for the host. The floral designers at Bosland’s Flower Shop in Wayne, New Jersey have gift ideas for that perfect host or hostess gift!
The tradition of bringing a gift to your Thanksgiving host
Bringing a gift for your host or hostess has been a time-honored custom for many years. Since Thanksgiving is a time of appreciation, a thoughtful gift will show your host how much you enjoy their company and the effort put forth to make the holiday truly special.
Gifts to Celebrate Friendsgiving
Friendsgiving combines the holiday of Thanksgiving with friendship gatherings on or near Thanksgiving Day. Celebrating genuine friendships with a special meal emphasizing fun and gratitude has become an important holiday Tradition. Often, the host or hostess will serve a meal that is similar to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, but the menu can also include foods not traditionally served at this time of year. Here are some of the best host gifts to consider for this festive occasion:
- Serving Bowls: After the main meal, guests may want to snack later in the day. Put chips, pretzels, and other finger foods out for easy snacking.
- Festive Centerpiece: Highlighting the colors of fall, Bosland’s Flower Shop has several options such as the Round Harvest Centerpiece which includes a taper candle surrounded by fall blooms.
- Glass Wine Decanter: What hostess wouldn’t enjoy a glass of wine in the evening after a busy day? Include a bottle of your favorite wine to make a memorable gift.
- Homemade Treats: Maybe you are well-known for your brownies or your carrot cake. Your hosts would appreciate special goodies made with love.
Round Harvest Centerpiece
Meeting the In-Laws for Thanksgiving
Spending time with your mother-in-law and father-in-law for the Thanksgiving holidays can be both an exciting and stressful time. Naturally, you want to impress your in-laws. Giving a hostess gift is one way to make sure your in-laws know how much you appreciate them.
- Wooden cutting board: Made of fine wood that will last for years, your mother-in-law will love this addition to her kitchen.
- Decorative Coasters: Choose a classic material such as wood or stone for a gift that is beautiful and functional
- Flower Arrangement: The Harvest Aglow Centerpiece includes a golden lantern surrounded by sunflowers and mums from Bosland’s Flower Shop.
- Cookbook: Find out your in-laws’ favorite celebrity chefs and add a cookbook or two to their collection.
Harvest Glow Bouquet
Gifts for Traditional Thanksgiving with Family
Enjoying time with your family and a festive holiday dinner is something that makes this time of year especially enjoyable! Your family may always gather at a central location for this occasion, or maybe the family members take turns hosting the meal. Bringing a gift will let the host know how much you honor the time and effort your loved ones have put forth to make Thanksgiving a meaningful gathering.
- Apron: For the serious cook, choose an apron that will showcase your host’s interests or a fun pattern for use during the preparation of all holiday meals.
- Decorative Floral Centerpiece: Every holiday table needs a great centerpiece! Bosland’s Flower Shop can deliver a Festival of Color, a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers and mums with three taper candles in the center.
- Wine Glasses: Whether you choose crystal clear or decorative glasses, your family host can enjoy a nice glass of wine after the festivities.
- Gift Basket: So versatile! Tailor the basket to the interests of your hosts for a truly personal gift.
Festival of Color Centerpiece
Choosing a gift for your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving celebration can seem daunting at times. For a gift that will always please, let the floral experts at Bosland’s Flower Shop in the Wayne area design an arrangement that you can be proud to send to your hosts. We also have an array of plants and centerpieces to choose from. Bosland’s Flower Shop can make this Thanksgiving holiday one to remember.